Sunday, November 7, 2010

Organizational Day

A couple of weeks ago Mike's unit here at Ft. Bragg had an Organizational Day for the families. Olivia had school but Peter had a blast and we were able to learn a little more about what Mike does everyday!



They had one of their M777 155 Howitzer Guns on display. Peter was quite confident that he knew exactly what to do!







Mike's unit now is the ONLY Airborne 155 MM Battalion in the world. They throw these guns out of the plane and then they jump out of the plane after.



Later on in the day they shot several rounds from this big gun but it was so loud! I was too busy trying to protect Peter from permanent hearing damage that I wasn't able to take pictures of that excitement.

Mike showed Peter how to work the MK19 Grenade launcher.



I got to shoot an M4 rifle.



Mike took Peter for a ride in his Humvee.







All in all it was a fun day. It was interesting to learn more about what Mike does.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

The M-4 is my absolute favorite to shoot. I told Jeremy that is what I want for Christmas. Ha Great pictures!