I loaded up the kids and met Mike in the parking lot that was guarded by several security personnel. I had to show them the invitation (in it's original envelope) before being allowed to drive into the parking lot. There was a bit of a line to get in the door but we were given $30 of fake Panara-money and a menu to hold while we waited in line. We could order anything we wanted off the menu we just had to stay within our $30 budget. They even gave our change in Panara-money.
The restaurant was packed! I think it will be very successful here, heck, I know we'll be back! We looked around as we were waiting in line, trying to figure out how we were so lucky to receive this special invitation. Most of the other customers were in business attire and they all seemed to know each other which makes me think they are all small business leaders or Realtors here in Fayetteville. As we found a quiet spot to enjoy our dinner we saw another family with 2 girls, one of whom was in a wheelchair. We talked briefly and discovered that our invitations was compliments of Make A Wish. Panara is a sponsor of the local chapter of Make A Wish. This organization just doesn't stop giving. Dinner at Panara was such an unexpected and appreciated surprise! But also what a great business model! Why don't more restrauants do this! Having our pretend Panara-money was so much fun! We were able to sample yummy food and provide constructive feedback and the staff were able to have a very realistic trial run.
1 comment:
That is great! I used to work at Panera in college. These sample days are great training for the staff (I used to train the staff at opening locations!). I am glad they sponsor Make a Wish!
Post a Comment