Friday, June 3, 2011

Happy Graduation

Last week we all attended Olivia's preschool graduation party. I was quite proud of the snacks that we contributed to the party....fruit kabobs and diploma roll-ups. I've learned that I should stay away from baked goods and have found my calling as the "mom who brings the healthy snacks."





I generally am very conscious about posting pictures of other people on my blog but since most of the kids aren't looking at the camera I'm going to sneak this one in. Check out Olivia's fancy "carpet time seat belt chair" (as it's officially referred to in her IEP). This allows Olivia to participate in carpet time activities without having to sit on someone's lap. She's been using the chair for about 4 months and she now stays seated in her chair without the seatbelt for carpet time activities each day. Olivia is on the right, seated next to her 1:1 in the black and white stripes. You may notice that there are a lot of adults in the classroom. Olivia's preschool class has become increasingly crowded over the year, there are a total of 14 children, 1 teacher, 2 aides, 1 interpreter, and Olivia's 1:1. We're hoping that Olivia will be in a smaller class next year with fewer students.



The class sang songs and watched a photo slideshow during the party but Olivia's favorite part was by far the food! Olivia was especially well behaved during snack time at the party. She very carefully ate one bite at a time and did not overstuff her mouth. She also was very careful not to flip her plate over and dump any of the food on the ground. This is especially unusual for her. I don't know if Olivia knew it was a special occasion or if she was just really impressed with the wide variety of snacks but she was one of the most well mannered snackers in her class!







We tried desperately to get a picture of Olivia holding her diploma with her 1:1, Ms. Tina, but Olivia wasn't cooperating.

 
Posted by Picasa

Olivia's last official day of school isn't until the 9th so we have few more days to say goodbye before summer begins!

No comments: