Peter and I try and meet up with Mike for lunch once or twice a month. Honestly some weeks that will be the only time Peter gets to see Mike since he leaves before Peter wakes up and often doesn't get home until after Peter is asleep.
Peter and I were running errands so we picked Mike up from his office and went to a quiet mexican place on base. It was later on a Friday afternoon and it wasn't crowded at all. The restrauant was near the nature trail and we ate outside and Peter had a blast running around and playing with his toy cars on the trail. We really had a great time. Then we headed back to the car and loaded up so that Peter and I could drop Mike back off at work. I was driving and I saw that the parking space in front of me was empty so I decided to pull foward through the empty space so we could be on our way. I'm sure you can all tell where this is going....there was one of those parking barrier things and I drove right over it. I froze, Mike started turning 5 colors of red as he gets out of the car to inspect the damage. He is LIVID, I'm sure you all can imagine. Seriously the way he was carrying on I thought the front half of the car was about to fall off. Mike doesn't want to say anything in front of Peter so we begin our ride back to his office in complete silence. You could have cut the tension with a knife. A few seconds into our ride Peter just starts quietly saying "Bump" "BIGGGG BUMP MAMA". Peter repeats this phrase the entire ride back to Mike's office. As Mike kissed us goodbye his only response was "Well, it's clear this happens often".
I would just like to say that 1. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the car, you can't even see a dent! and 2. That was the FIRST TIME IN MY ENTIRE LIFE I HAVE EVER DONE THAT. I may take the occasional speed bump a little too aggressively but I've never run over anything!
Thanks a lot Peter. Just you wait till you start driving.....
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago
1 comment:
oh my gosh, i am dying laughing. it reminds me of the Friends episode where MOnica and Rachel are babysitting Ross's kid and Monica accidentally hits his head on the ceiling. She begins to freak out when the baby starts saying "Monica, bang! Monica, bang!" Hysterical.
Post a Comment