alternately titled: The Best $10 I've spent all year.....
I just can't make up my mind which title I like the best :)
Two years ago this month Olivia learned to swim in the pool at the apartment complex while we were staying while we waited for Olivia to be admitted to the hospital for her transplant. Here's the video that I posted on the blog then.
Things now are very different. It's not safe for me to take both kids to the pool here in our neighborhood by myself. Olivia needs constant care and supervision and I can't provide that when I'm by myself with both kids. So we're "making it work". I bought one of those tacky $10 plastic pools at Wal-Mart last week and the kids LOVE it. By far the best $10 I've spent all year. It's also so much easier to turn on the hose in the back yard than it is to pack up and head to the pool. An added benefit is that I have absolutely no shame in letting my kids run around the back yard wearing swim diapers, the neighborhood pool requires more substantial attire. We are still very careful about Olivia's sun exposure. Peter saw Olivia wearing a hat and insisted on one of his own. This is the only one that fit (thanks cousins Braden and Hunter).




No comments:
Post a Comment