Thursday, August 27, 2009

Siblings

Olivia is doing well. Today is day + 35, WBC is 22. Olivia is officially off of the IV nutrition (as of Tuesday, day +33)! At this point we are waiting to make sure that she is able to continue to maintain her weight. They are continuing to wean her off a couple of her medications and she is now taking 6 of her medicines by mouth and we just have one more to go. Then we hope we will only be going home with 2 IV medications! We have a tentative discharge date of Tuesday, September 1st! I don't want to get too excited, we want to make sure that Olivia is really ready to leave the hospital but just the thought of leaving next week is really exciting!

It was really nice to see Olivia and Peter together today. She was so happy to see him. I just love these pictures that I got of the two of them together. Do not be alarmed by the poka-dots on Olivia's head, that was an art class accident.





4 comments:

Joe and Kami said...

Those pictures are precious! And yay for Olivia and her great progress! I have been keeping Marti and Lori and Laura at CTC posted on all that has been going on and everyone is sending prayers and good thoughts your way. I miss you guys and am thrilled that things are going so well!

Wendy Leiva said...

Adorable pictures!So glad you got to have your babies back together.

Ashley said...

I looked at the photos first, then read! I'll admit, I was a tad alarmed, I'm so glad everything is going so well, and they look happy to be reunited! Cuties!!

Brandy said...

These pictures are adorable. Nothing like the love of a sibling.