Funny how much date night changes as your family grows. When Olivia was younger we still had frequent date nights. Of course we didn't stay out as late as we did pre-kids but we still stayed out pretty late. We were fortunate enough to have a built-in babysitter since my mom is still here. Getting ready was crazy hectic. The kids destroyed the bathroom in the 10 minutes that I was trying to get ready. Peter shoved so much toilet paper in the toilet that I had to plunge it. Sexy, I know, nothing says date night like plunging a toilet. I looked at the clock and noticed it was 15 minutes after Mike had said he'd be home, I was sure we might end up not going after all but I remembered that it was Thursday and The Real Housewives of Orange County was going to be on and I cheered up a bit. Mike did end up coming home after all. We gave Olivia her meds and put her down a little early before we left. I was in such a rush I forgot to wear my wedding rings! We went out for a fantastic dinner at a great restaurant in an old restored house in downtown Fayetteville. We had a great time and we were home by 10 pm. Wow, things have changed.
2 comments:
Such a great picture!!!!!! Awww the joys of date night.
I am so glad you got to enjoy a nice night out. After spending a day with you last week, I have an even deepr respect and level of admiration for you and everything you do. You are an awesme Mom!!
Love, Wendy
Post a Comment