It's rained here for the last 3 days. This evening the rain stopped and the sun peeked out for a bit. The kids went to bed a little early tonight, 7 for Peter and 7:30 for Olivia. Mike got home and I decided to go for a walk. It's been a really long time since I've gone for a walk without pushing a stroller. I was able to follow my walking program and alternate between a moderate and a brisk pace. When you're pushing a 30 lb stroller with 60 adorable pounds of passangers it's difficult to enjoy the simple act of alternating your pace. I was able to complete my walk in record time too! It was beautiful outside, everything was fresh and new after the rain. I realized that the entire time we lived in Washington I missed that fresh, after the rain feeling. It rained in Washington all the time but it was a constant mist, there was a constant dampness in the air. We never got to experience that freshness that comes after the rain. It's nice to be back in the South!
No comments:
Post a Comment