You may have noticed that there have been quite a few photos on the blog lately. We do not have a new camera yet but we are trying to narrow down our choices and I need help! Mike borrowed a camera from work over the weekend so we could take pictures at the Rainbow of Heroes walk (and I also used it when the kids were playing in the sprinkler and the bubble bath). It was a Nikon, very fancy (and probably very pricey), we loved it. We took over 600 pictures in the few days that we had the camera. Someone also suggested that we might like a Flip camcorder to capture some of the precious moments that happen around here daily (all that immediately comes to mind right now is when Olivia bit Peter's finger because he put it in her mouth and then he responded by pulling her hair). You can edit the videos from the Flip to get still shots. I do love to capture a good video clip. There's also the issue of durability. I want to be able to capture these precious moments with stunning clarity but I also don't want to be afraid to take the camera places for fear that it might be damaged. This is a reality in our world as you may remember that our previous camera died when I jumped into the pool with it around my wrist.
Please share your thoughts, comments, reviews, etc. We know we want to get a DSLR. We'll mainly be taking pictures of the kids, they move quickly so we want the camera to be able to keep up. Does anyone have a Flip? Is it really as easy to use as it appears? Help!
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago
4 comments:
I have a cannon and love it.It was pricey but I think it wass worth it. It also takes viedo in HD. I have a frined that has a fli[, and they used it when she first got it, but doesn't seem to much now.
Nikon D3000 is a good starter. I have a D40, they don't make it anymore. It was replaced by the D3000. The D5000 is great and takes video too. The kit lens that comes with both is great.
I have a flip too. I don't use it for still shots, so I haven't tried it for that. But I LOVE the flip.
My pro camera is a D700. It's what I shoot with most of the time now..
Anyway, if you are looking for a point and shoot, you should look at the Canon Powershots.
I read camera reviews for fun, so please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
I like Canon's too, but I find Nikons are more user friendly. It's just my personal preference.
The best advice I can give is to go to a camera store, or best buy, ask them for a memory card, and shoot at the store, see how the camera feels in your hand, where the controls are, and if it's comfortable to use..etc.
Good luck, I like the new blog look!
have you considered the new canon rebel xti? it has a video function. i "got" (don't have one in hand as i get to choose one) an slr for mother's day and am considering it.
oops i meant canon t1i
Post a Comment