After my super long post earlier about how much I hated Madigan I am feeling much better now. Mike got home from work and I had a nice long bath and a glass of wine. I love that my husband can force me to stop and relax. To save you from reading the entire post earlier I'll just summarize....
Today Olivia was supposed to have a sedated MRI and hearing test. Even though we've spent weeks coordinating this it turned out to not be coordinated at all. Anesthesia didn't know they were doing an MRI. The MRI people didn't know they were doing a hearing test. The Audiology doctors didn't know they were doing an MRI. It took forever but everything worked out okay in the end. We don't have the results of the MRI, we'll get those on Thursday. Her hearing test was not very helpful. Apparently she's hearing perfectly out of her right ear but experiencing severe hearing loss in her left ear. They don't know if this is because her ear tube on that side is clogged and there's a fluid build up or if it's because the bones in her ear are not functioning properly. They recommend a CT scan to be sure. Until the issue can be resolved they told us to try and talk on her right side and to make eye contact when we're speaking with her.
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago
1 comment:
Ohh Laurie, I feel so bad for what you had to endure today. I hope the MRI results are good, and maybe you can be thankful that its all over with. We will pray that this kind of thing doesn't happen in the future, and all you next appointments go smoothly.
Post a Comment