Mike seems to have recovered for his cold. Peter and Sonia never got sick so it seems it was limited to Mike. He started feeling sick on Tuesday so if it was going to get passed to someone else I think it would have spread by now. Sonia and Mike have both been working like crazy to get things unpacked and cleaned. The carpets have been chemically cleaned, the heating and air conditioning vents have been cleaned. We've all had our seasonal flu vaccines and our h1n1 vaccines. Olivia was cleared to leave the Durham area and our next appointment at clinic isn't until next Wednesday. Even though we've been here for 5 months I feel like this moment snuck up on us. I'm terrified about leaving. I really am more scared about leaving the apartment here than I was about us being discharged from the hospital. I guess when Olivia was discharged from the hospital I knew that all the medical expertise was just a phone call and a 7 minute drive away.....now we'll be a phone call and an hour and a half drive away. I know we're so lucky to be able to relocate close to Duke but an hour and a half still seems far away. I can't imagine how scary it is for those families who move here from hundreds or thousands of miles away to just leave and go home.
Since it's seeming like we'll be able to leave here sooner than I anticipated I haven't been able to get speech, physical, and occupational therapy lined up at home. It's really weird to use that word "home". Ft. Bragg definitely doesn't feel like home, it seems huge and confusing. I think I'll really like our neighborhood and I know I'll love our house but I think we still have a long way to go until it becomes "home". I also haven't even contacted the school district yet. I know that right now our priority is getting our family back under one roof. I know the other things will come together.
Olivia has a couple of other appointments next week and Peter has his 12 month well baby visit with his pediatrician here so I think we'll still be spending a couple of nights at the apartment here. We are making the transition to Ft. Bragg though, whether we're ready or not.
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago
1 comment:
I can't believe it's been five months either! Wow. Praying for all of you as you transition..how good it will feel to all be together again!
Post a Comment