Friday, November 27, 2009

First Steps

This past week at clinic Peter took his first steps. He has been crusing around like a champ for months now and he loves to walk around when he's holding someone's hand or pushing something but this was the first time that he took a few steps all by himself. I cannot believe that Peter's first steps were in the Day Hospital at the Children's Health Center at Duke University.

Here he is thinking about taking a few steps. You may notice that Peter doesn't have any pants on. A few minutes before taking his first steps he had poured an entire bottle of water all over himself and Olivia and I.

And here's the video. I did let go of his hand but it's hard to see in the video. I also had the camera turned sideways and I can't figure out how to rotate the video.

When I thought about how Peter would take his first steps I never could have imagined that it would have been in a hospital room at Duke University!



Olivia wasn't particularly thrilled to see Peter walking. She did say "Good Job Peter" but that was the extent of her enthusiasm.

There were plenty of nurses around cheering Peter on and they were thrilled to capture this picture of Peter and I just seconds after he'd taken his first steps!

Way to go Peter! You're getting to be such a big boy!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

awww...yeah Peter!!!!!!!

Wendy Leiva said...

Go, Peter, Go!