Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thank You Lita

"Lita" is Olivia's special name for Mike's mom. It comes from the Spanish word "abuelita" which means granny. Olivia shortens that to "lita". It's a pretty cute nick-name (my mom is not so lucky, Olivia named my mom "pop pop." I think she was a little confused but the name has stuck).


Lita left today after being here to help out for almost 4 weeks. I can't believe that she was here for a month, in some ways it seems like the time has flown by but then in other ways it seems like it stood still. Having Lita here was very helpful to all of us! She basically moved in and unpacked everything at the new house. She washed and cleaned for hours. Everything we own has been in storage since June so it all had to be cleaned before we could let Olivia anywhere near it. Peter and Lita became roomies. They shuffled back and forth between the house in Fayettville and the apartment here so she really did live out of her suitcase for an entire month. I know that she enjoyed the time that she got to spend with Olivia and Peter and I know they enjoyed having her around. I know that she and Mike got to spend some quality time together. I am so grateful that she was here over these last few weeks especially. Olivia and I had some long days at the clinic and I'm so glad that she was here to be with Peter so that he wasn't stuck at the clinic with Olivia and I.

Thank you Lita! We hope to see you again soon!


No comments: