Saturday, November 7, 2009

Loooooong, Laaaaaazy Saturday

I think every parent knows what its like to have one of those days that seems to drag on forever. Every single thing your child does seems so annoying, Olivia made poor choices today, she was whiny and argumentative. Our day lacked structure and for us that is a plan for disaster. We had an entire day with nothing to do and no where to go. On another day I would look at an empty day as an opportunity but today I woke up tired and cranky and never seemed to get out of my funk. I guess I used up all my patience yesterday. I'm depressed that Olivia and I are stuck here in Durham by ourselves while Mike, Peter, and my mother-in-law are all at our new house unpacking and settling in. Medically Olivia was cleared to leave the Durham area. We could be there with them right now but Mike came down with a cold yesterday so we're grounded here in Durham. Peter just got back and I hate having to be away from him again. Mike sounds terrible and I know he's depressed that he's not able to be with us this weekend. This is the first weekend that we haven't been able to be together since this process started so I know that I should be thankful but instead I'm just sad and grumpy about it. Olivia and I ate nothing but cheese, crackers, and popcorn today. Olivia kept saying that she wanted to watch a movie. She loves to watch movies on the laptop. I'm so sick of watching Disney Princess movies that we watched "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team" and I told her it was a movie. She actually loved it, there's lots of music and dancing which Olivia found it endlessly entertaining. Don't judge my poor tv choices, I love reality tv! Now Olivia is in bed and already asleep, apparently all our lazing around was tiring for her, or maybe she was just too bored and decided she'd rather sleep. I'm already in bed and getting ready to watch some more cheesy reality tv shows online. I really hope that tomorrow is a better day.

No comments: