Sunday nights around here are pretty depressing. After our fun family weekends Mike has to go back to work so it's sad to be the only parent around again. But tonight I am realizing that the end is in sight....Mike is leaving this week to fly to New Orleans and then drive back here with his mom. She is able to take a couple of weeks off of work and is staying around here to help out. I will really appreciate her help around here and it will mean that Peter doesn't have to go to quite so many of Olivia's appointments. In many ways I think that she understands more about what it was like for Olivia than anyone else does. Mike's mom is a breast cancer survivor and she went through chemotherapy a few years ago.
I don't want to say too much because I don't want to jinx it but hopefully she will be able to help us make the transition from here in Durham to the Ft. Bragg area. We are still a few weeks away from anything exciting really happening but as we approach the 100 day mark we are starting to prepare for that transition. I'm trying not to get too excited about any of that stuff but at the very least we will all get to spend some quality time with Mike's mom.
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment