Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Political Rant

I really try to stay away from politics on the blog but I've just got to get this out! In general I'm more conservative than I am liberal but of course there are some issues that I take a more liberal stance. I have mixed emotions about the "war on terror" and what our goal and intentions are in Iraq and Afghanistan. People assume all kinds of things when they find out what Mike does for a living. Some assume we must be hard-core republicans because he is in the military and other's assume that I must be SO THANKFUL that Obama was elected for the same reason. I didn't vote for Obama but that doesn't matter now. He's the one with the job so lets move on. It's obvious that the current situation wasn't working very well so I'm sure change could be beneficial! I'm very excited to live in a time when a black man was elected President. Thus far during his administration I think he's proven himself to be enthuasistic and hard working. I don't know if that means he's deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize but that's another story. I know I'm rambling so here's the point.

I heard on the news tonight that it will take weeks for the President to make a decision about Afghanistan. Don't tell me you need WEEKS! You're the President, you have access to all the information and it's your responsiblity to make a decision soon. My friends are over there! What is going to happen in the next couple of weeks that will allow you to make a better decision? News flash....you are The President, you have to make the tough decisions, you will have regrets and you might have 2nd thoughts. That comes with the job. So lock yourself in your office and make up your mind! Get on with it!

Okay, that's it. No Comments please, just had to get that over with!