Sunday, October 18, 2009

Giving and Receiving

I think that it's definately better to give than to receive. Few things compare to the feeling you get when you know that you've been able to give someone the perfect gift or do something that you know will make a huge impact on their life.

Lately our family has received many gifts, some monetary and others in the form of time and hard work. We are really struggling with how to properly recognize and honor those gifts. So far I think we're failing miserably. When Olivia was in the hospital I had time to send thank you notes and I'd try and include a picture or drawing from Olivia. Now that we're out of the hospital I'm way behind. Does anybody have any ideas on how we can begin to thank those people who have been so generous?

3 comments:

Wendy Leiva said...

I think you just did it. I don't think anyone who has given to you or helped you in any way has done so to receive anything in return. We all love Olivia and your family and want to help. By blogging and taking us along on your journey and keeping us updated, that is thanks enough. You are amazing Laurie. You inspire me, and I bet many others, to be better people and better mothers. You should focus your time and energy on your family, not on thank you notes. (just my two cents)
Love, Wendy

Brandy said...

Wendy said it perfectly!

katy eichelberger franz said...

I think Wendy took the words right out of my mouth. Love you so much.