Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"God almighty first planted a garden and it is indeed the purest of human treaures"--Francis Bacon

This past weekend the weather here in Durham was absolutely beautiful! We wanted to spend every second outside but we had to limit Olivia's exposure to the outdoors. The chemotherapy has left Olivia's skin very sensitive to the sun and sun exposure can activate Graft vs Host Disease. Whenever we go outside we're very careful to put sunscreen on Olivia and she has a lot of SPF/UV protective clothing. We also have to be careful of bugs so of course we add bug spray into the mix.

On Sunday we went to Duke Gardens and it was georgous. Enjoy some of our pictures. The Francis Bacon quote above was on a fountain in the gardens and I loved it so I had to share.








1 comment:

Ashley said...

beautiful! The gardens too ;) OH and I just cannot believe how big P. looks!! Growing into such a handsome boy! Aww, so sad we didn't ever spend more time together!