I love having Peter here but I am running non-stop from the second that I get up until my head hits the pillow at night (and even then I'm up again depending on how the night goes).
Monday was my first official day alone with both Peter and Olivia. We did have one errand to run. I got up and had to crawl out of the bedroom on my hands and knees. Peter is a VERY light sleeper so I have to sneak out of the bedroom so that I don't wake him up. I was able to start getting things ready for our run to the pharmacy to pick up some of Olivia's medication refills. I gave Peter his morning bottle. Thank God that my mom was able to teach him to feed himself his bottle. While he finished up his bottle I got Olivia up and ready to go. The pharmacy opens at 9am so I was trying to get there as early as possible. We made it out the door and to the car when I realized that I had to install Peter's car seat in the car. I buckled Peter into Olivia's car seat and let Olivia pretend to "drive" while I installed Peter's car seat. Olivia proceeded to amuse herself by finding the stash of $1 bills that I keep to pay for parking at the hospital and throwing them around the car. Great, now Olivia is playing with the filthiest thing in the car, we have to stop and sanitize her hands. When we get to the pharmacy I park illegally and get both kids out of the car and walk into the hospital to pick up her prescriptions. It's only when we're standing in line and run into a friend from 5200 that I realize that I'm wearing blue chinos, a purple tank top and a green shirt. Even Olivia can pick colors that go together better than that! Thankfully the rest of the day Monday was very low key. We got home and Peter went down for his morning nap and I got to spend quality time with Olivia and clean up a bit. Then Olivia went down for her nap and I had about 15 minutes to make some phone calls (find a new pediatrician and set up Peter's well-baby) before Peter woke up. I was able to spend some quality time with Peter until Olivia woke up. We were all able to play for a bit together then Peter went down for his afternoon nap giving Olivia and I a little more time to ourselves. Peter woke up and I cooked dinner while they played then it was bathtime, storytime, bottle, and bedtime.
Tuesday was a little busier but very rewarding. Olivia had an ENT appointment at 9am so I was up very early to get us out the door by 8:30am. We made it to our appointment on time (no small feat with two little ones in tow) only to have to wait for the doctor. Peter was such a good boy at the doctor! He happily entertained himself the entire time, although he did bite a big chunk out of his Usborne Truck book (until today I thought those things were indestructible). After we finished up at the doctor I made an executive decision and we took a 12 minute detour to a Starbucks with a drive-through and I was able to experience my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season. yum. By this time Peter was asleep in his car seat and we stopped off by the apartment to grab a few things that Mike forgot here over the weekend then we were on the road towards Ft. Bragg. Mike had the day off and we had planned to meet half-way for lunch. We met up at a Sonic (pretty much our only option since we can't go in anywhere and we couldn't take Olivia's mask off outside since it was windy). We let Olivia and Peter crawl around in the car and all of us were able to climb in the back and have lunch together. After lunch Mike stayed with the kids while I ran into a drug store to get a couple of necessities. Peter had a bottle and we headed back to Durham. The drive went well but I was pulling out all the stops trying to keep Olivia awake during the car ride home. I didn't want her to miss out on her nap! We were singing songs and clapping! Unfortunately Olivia's favorite today was B-I-N-G-O which is the most difficult one to do when you're driving! Thankfully we made it home safely. Olivia went down her her nap and I got to play with Peter. We rounded out the day with the dinner, bathtime, storytime, bedtime routine again.
We're busy but I love it! Peter has changed so much. He's such a big boy now. Olivia and I love having him around and I think he things we're pretty entertaining too. Even though each day is so full I feel so blessed that I'm able to have both Olivia and Peter here together! Wednesday will be a real test though! It's Olivia's long day at clinic so we'll be at the hospital for several hours. I think we might have to make another trip out to the drive-through Starbucks again:)
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment