Sunday, December 6, 2009

Finally Sunday, Day +136

I'm so relieved that today was finally Sunday, hopefully we're one day closer to going home. Peter slept in until 7am today. I know he would sleep longer but he starts to wake up which wakes me up and then he sees me moving and starts screaming. Among other things I'm really looking forward to everyone having their own room again when we go home. I got everyone bundled up and we headed to the hospital to pick up Olivia's medicine. It was so boring here today. It looked beautiful outside today, the sun was shinning but it was cold. It would have been really nice to go out for a walk but I didn't want to expose Olivia to the cold so we were stuck inside. We built an enormous fort and had fun playing inside of it. Then I pulled all the cushions off the couch and let the kids jump off the couch onto the floor. It was good exercise for Olivia and Peter enjoyed scrambling around. Peter and I did have a little moment earlier. He had an absolute meltdown when I wouldn't let him take the flashlight away from Olivia. My darling little boy has a bit of a temper and he's accustomed to getting his own way. Olivia had the flashlight and he took it from her. I gave it back to her and told Peter it wasn't his turn yet. He took one long look at me then he started huffing and puffing like a woman in labor. It was all I could do not to bust out laughing. When he realized he was not going to get his way he let out the loudest wail! I think this was the first time I haven't let Peter have his own way.

Mike finished another jump today, it was a foreign jump with the Canadian Armed Forces. I wish I could have been there to see him. We had been planning to go see him, the doctors had even given us the okay for Olivia to go since we'd be outside and there wouldn't be too many people around but with Olivia's complications this last week it wasn't an option. I'm glad he had fun and glad that it's over.

Basically we spent all day destroying the apartment, it's not dirty but it is a disaster. I have a lot of straightening to do before I can get to bed. I'm ready for the new week to begin. I can tell that Olivia is feeling better but I think she's just ready to be done with all of this as well. She keeps asking to go "bye bye".

I wish I'd taken a picture of our awesome fort from the outside but I did get a couple pictures of us playing inside the fort. Olivia was totally saying "cheese" and smiling but since it was dark inside the fort I had to have the flash on the camera on and she closed her eyes every time I tried to take a picture.
Peter's meltdown because it wasn't his turn.
He's all smiles when he gets his way!

No comments: