We're so glad to be home! It seemed like it took forever to pack up the apartment. I can't believe how much stuff we had there. Olivia's medical stuff alone took up an entire suitcase. I saved the suitcases to pack up our more important stuff and we ended up "packing" most of our clothes in trash bags, classy :). I'm just glad we only had a 2 hour drive instead of an airplane ride, I don't think the trash bags would have held up as well. Olivia and Peter were both excited to see us packing everything up. Peter was really talkative during all the running around. Our trip home was uneventful and Olivia was very excited to see her room. As soon as we went through the gates into our subdivision Olivia got the biggest grin on her face. She started saying "house, house" and told me she wanted to go to the slide at the playground. The doctors had given us the ok to take Olivia to a playground as long as there are not any other kids around and we wash her hands well when we're finished. It's a little too cold for that around here today but maybe sometime this week.
Unfortunately our first night at home isn't the reunion we were really hoping for. Mike has to go to a military ball tonight so it's just me and the kids. I've been to so many I'm so excited to not have to go tonight, although Mike did look pretty handsome in his uniform. Mike wore his uniform at our wedding so it always brings back memories. We still have tons of unpacking to do so it was a little hectic trying to get meals together and do the bedtime routine but I'm sure we'll get it sorted out soon enough. It's a little tough though, all I want to do is unpack and organize but it's pretty tough to do that with two little ones running around.
I wish I could have captured some pictures of some of the special moments from today but of course in all the packing/moving excitement I have no idea where it is!
Building of Medieval Cathedrals Built
6 years ago
1 comment:
So glad to hear you are home. Have a very Mery Christmas. We are scheduled to be done this Thursday. After Monday's clinic visit hopefully there are still two tickets on the 4:55pm flight to Phoenix for Alan and Britt.
Post a Comment