We headed up to Durham today for Olivia's weekly clinic visit. The clinic visit itself went well but Olivia was not a happy camper. I think that Olivia is facing some behavioral challenges lately. She has had our undivided attention for months but now that we're living together as a family again Olivia isn't constantly getting all of our attention. Peter is now an active toddler and he's needing more and more of my time. Olivia is not used to having to compete for my attention and she's not happy about it. Physically she's doing very well. Her white blood count is down to 7.6, her red blood count and platelets are steady. Her magnesium and potassium levels are increasing and her weight is steady. Today she got her monthly IVIG infusion. We got to clinic around 10am and went straight into a room in the day hospital. I think that Olivia is a little bit apprehensive about clinic visits these days. I think that she's always worried that we won't be able to go home again. She did seem to cheer up again as we started to get ready to leave. We finished up with our clinic visit around 12:30 but unfortunately we weren't able to leave Durham until 1:30. I had to pick up some prescription refills at the pharmacy but they are closed from 12:30 to 1pm for lunch so I had to find something to do to entertain Olivia and Peter while we waited. There was some discussion about transitioning "soon" to just having to come to clinic every other week instead of every week but I'm not holding my breath. I don't think that will happen before February at the soonest. At this point we're just glad that we're able to live together as a family again!
1 comment:
you're a wonder mom laurie! keep up the awesome job! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment