Monday, December 7, 2009

Watch your language!

Apparently I have a problem, I need to watch my language, especially around little ears. I don't curse often but I do let the "s-word" escape occasionally. When Olivia was little I remember being very careful about it but then with her speech delay I kind of forgot about being so careful. Not only has Olivia picked up that choice 4 letter word she has also learned to use it appropriately. This morning Olivia woke up and we made our way to the bathroom so she could go potty. As I helped her get situated on the potty I pulled down her night time pull-up and noticed that she had a little accident and had pooped a little in her pull-up. I was in "mommy mode" so I just said something along the lines of "whoopsies, acident." Olivia on the other hand calmly looks down at her pull-up and said "S**T". I know it's not funny but it was everything I could do not to laugh. We should all have our mouths washed out with soap. I think I'm sensing a New Year's Resolution here....

3 comments:

Ashley said...

hahaha! too funny!

Laura said...

I can just picture it :) Thanks for the laugh!!

Alyssa said...

Oh I would have lost it! That is too funny! I just know I am going to ruin my kids by laughing hysterically at things the say.