I've spent a lot of time reflecting today. I'm apprehensive about tomorrow's clinic visit. I'm hoping that they say we can go back to Fayettville but I don't think that's likely. I think that Olivia is starting to get a little depressed. She's not really interested in anything anymore. She keeps talking about toys that are at our house that we don't have in the apartment here. I keep finding her looking out the big sliding glass door that goes out on to the patio. She's asks to go "bye bye" and gets excited to go in the car but she's always sad to come back to the apartment. She keeps asking to talk to other people, she's asking for "daddy", "amy", her cousins "braden" and "hunter" and some of her friends, "wesley" "aiden" and "rachel". It's nice to hear her use people's names but it makes me so sad that I can't deliver them. We've tried calling people but it's just not the same. She's happy to hear their voices but doesn't understand how to talk to them on the phone. I've tried to be so creative over the last couple of days, trying to think of things that we can do that we can do that she'd enjoy. The school teacher came by today for school and Olivia really wasn't interested in participating in any of the activities. She seems to be the happiest when we're at clinic. At least when we're there she gets to see other people. It was actually the teacher's suggestion that Olivia might be a little depressed and I think she's right. Hopefully our days here in Durham are numbered and we'll be able to get back to Fayettville, and being a family, again soon!
In other news Olivia's appetite is continuing to improve. She enjoyed her pizza today. She's also continuing to do well with the potty training. I'd say she's about 80% potty trained. She is doing great at pooping in the potty but she averages about one pee pee accident a day. I really don't have any expectations about her potty training. I'm sure we'll get there eventually but I know it'll take some extra time. When she's successful I know she's proud of herself and for now that's all that matters.
Here are a few pictures from our day.....
PIZZA

Outside, please
2 comments:
It breaks my heart to think she is sad. I know how hard this must be on all of you. I hope tomorrow goes well and you get to go to Fayetteville ASAP.
have you tried Skyping with your family again. She might get that a bit better than talking on the phone.
I can sympathize with her, I hate being stuck inside. I would be depressed if I were inside as much as you guys are.
Hopefully it will all get better soon.
Is there anything we can do for you from a far?
Post a Comment